Saturday, December 18, 2010

Top Reality TV Moments of 2010

It's that time of year folks. The end of the year is approaching faster than I imagined and that means time for a recap of 2010 in various areas. For the next few entries, I will be posting my favorites of 2010 in numerous categories. This entry will focus on "Reality TV Moments". Now we all know there are a bazillion reality TV shows out there these days and of course nobody can watch them all. Therefore this list just features MY favorite moments for the reality shows I actually do watch. So, in no particular order, here we go:

Lee Dewyze Wins American Idol
Well lets face it folks, this season of Idol was not the best by any means. Simon judged his last season, Ellen became the funny, yet very questionable, new judge, and the talent wasn't very talented. However, Lee Dewyze was one of my favs from the beginning and his reaction when waiting for Ryan to announce the winner and then when he found out he won was just great. You could tell he didn't think he would win at all and the fact that he looked like he was going to throw up on the stage and then pass out was just priceless. It is very sad that he has had no promotion whatsoever for his album and I have yet to even hear his single on the radio. I honestly don't hold out much hope for this season of Idol, but I guess we will see!

Phil Harris dies on Deadliest Catch

If you are a reader of my blog, than you know about my recent addiction to Deadliest Catch. In my opinion, one of the best reality shows around and this season was also one of the saddest. Fan favorite Captain Phil Harris suffered a massive stroke during this season's fishing season and later died. Apparently Phil requested that they continue filming while in the hospital and thus, we all go to see the heartbreaking reactions of his sons and fellow captains when he died. Hands down, the saddest moment of reality TV I have ever seen.

Ali chooses Roberto on The Bachelorette

I recently began watching "The Bachelor/ Bachelorette" series and have to admit it is one of my guilty pleasures. On this season's Bachelorette, Ali was the lucky girl to get to choose her Prince Charming. I did have a problem with her being the Bachelorette since she CHOSE to leave the show when she was on Jake's season of the Bachelor, but it could have been much worse so I learned to live with it :). After numerous rose ceremonies elimination some crazy, some cute guys, Ali finally chose adorable Roberto. I absolutely loved him from the beginning and had a very strong feeling that she would end up picking him in the end. I was very happy to learn I was right. Oh, on a side note, all the clips of the actual proposal were copyrighted, which is why I had to insert the above clip instead. We did get to see how sickeningly cute they are together though.

Jackie Evancho Amazes on America's Got Talent

Jackie was featured on the YouTube episode of AGT and basically stole the show from there. The 10 year old had both the looks and the voice of an angel. While opera is not my favorite genre of music, this little girl has an amazing voice and talent. I was actually happy that Michael Grimm won the show, but she has a future ahead of her for sure!

Some of my other top moments of 2010 from reality tv include:
 Jake picking and then a few months later breaking up with Vienna (I never could stand that girl!)
The finale episodes of both the spring and fall seasons of "Biggest Loser". I am always amazed at how great everyone looks!
Kate Gosselin FINALLY (although way too late) getting voted off of "Dancing with the Stars".

Sorry for the lack of videos for the above moments, but YouTube didn't have any :(

What were some of your favorite moments from Reality TV 2010??

2 comments:

  1. I loved Lee DeWyze and was so thrilled when he won. You're right, his reaction was great!

    I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously...you picked some good ones!!! i still think that Lee's performance was amazing when he won! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails