Monday, August 13, 2012

"My 5 Monday" Most Memorable TV News Events

Wow it has been almost 2 months since I have updated. That's just crazy!! I am back now though with a brand new "My 5 Monday". This week I will be counting down the TV news events that I remember most clearly. Now let me inform you all that I am 27 so I do not remember many important events such as the JFK or MLK assassination, landing on the moon, or anything that happened before 1995 basically since I was not born or very young still. With that being said, here are My 5:

Most Memorable TV News Events

5. President Obama Inaguration


Ok so let's be honest here, whether you love him or hate him, watching Obama being sworn in as President was definetly a historical moment. Go back 40 or 50 years and nobody ever thought they would see a black man become President of the United States. Clearly this was history in the making and nobody can say otherwise.

4. Princess Diana's Car Accident


I honestly remember coming home from the grocery store on a Saturday night when I was 13 and seeing the news about Princess Diana whenever I turned on the TV. Pretty sure this is the first major news event I can remember seeing on TV and I still remember exactly where I was when I found out.

3. Death (and funeral) of Michael Jackson




I remember being at Kohls and receiving a text message from CNN informing me that Michael Jackson had died. I couldn't believe it. As much controvesry that followed him, he without a doubt was one of the greatest artists of all time. I didn't really care for him too much before he died because of all the controversy, but I still love his music. Oh and seeing his daughter speak at his funeral was just heart breaking!

2. Bin Laden Dead

Once again I found out about this news event via text. As soon as I received it I remember turning the TV on to watch the news unfold live. I clearly remember it being a Sunday night and watching the coverage until about 1 in the morning. I knew I would be tired for work the next morning, but I just couldn't stop watching.

1. September 11, 2001


Well this is clearly the most memorable event to me and most likely everyone that is old enough to remember. I remember watching as the buildings collapsed in my trig class my senior year. Being I was only 17, I still didn't fully understand what was happening. As the day went on though I became much more aware how major this was. I am certain I will never forget 9/11/01. I'm sure the rest of the country won't either.

What are some memorable TV news events for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails