Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pinterest Projects!!

I have expressed my love for pinterest before, so you all know how obsessed I am with it. I just love finding cute hairstyles, adorable pics, amazing recipes, and especially quick and easy crafts! Recently I found one for a patriotic wreath so I just had to make it to hang on my door for the summer. It turned out so well that I am going to share it with you all. It required a total of three supplies and took about 10 mins to make (3 of which were spent waiting for the glue gun to heat up). So here it is, my simple cute patriotic wreath!

I purchased all of the supplies at Joann's for a great price. Foam wreath cost 2.49 after a 50% off coupon, 9 ft garland (I used 2 to make the wreath) cost me 1.99 each after the 60% off sale, glue gun was only $1.80 after a 40% off coupon and the glue sticks were 2.49.


Next all I did was glue the end of the garland to the wreath and wrap around. At the end of the garland I glued that end down and repeated this process with the second string. Five minutes later, I had my finished project :)


Hanging on my apartment door :). Gonna head to Kohl's tomorrow to see if I can find a cute patriotic doormat to put underneath it :).

I also found this cute idea on Pinterest where you organize little make up and hair items by putting them all in jars and labeling. Simple right? So I picked myself up some cute, cheap glass jars at Home Goods and was able to find a decal chalkboard on clearance at Joann's for $4 or $5.


Next I just cut rectangles out of the chalkboard decal with scrapbooking scissors and applied to the glass jars.


Easy peasy :)

Finally, I saw a great idea that someone did on Pinterest by taking wallpaper and applying it to the back of a bookshelf to make the things on it stand out more. Now I didn't use wallpaper, but I was able to find some cute shelf paper at Joann's once again, on clearance for only 3.97! So I just removed the shelves and applied the paper to the back.


The best part is this bookshelf actually started out as a 5 shelf bookcase, but broke when I moved (it was just a cheap bookcase I picked up at Target for about $30). I didn't really want to throw the entire thing away so I found I was able to just use the top half of the shelf and turned it into a shelf for all my cookbooks and shot glasses that is now in the dining room. The funny thing is I used this shelf paper to decide what colors I was going to decorate my entire dining room in. Picked up the cute vases that are on top (now I just need some flowers to go in them) and a centerpiece dish for the dining room table at Home Goods and the candle holder and placemats at Ikea, and Voila! my dining room is complete!

1 comment:

  1. I love pinterest projects, the wreath looks so easy and cute! Following now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails