Saturday, April 7, 2012

High School Career Class

High School Career Class

Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes

My son is taking a career class in high school. In the class, they have to pick a career out of a hat. The career that they pick comes with an approximate salary that they will make. So then they have to take that salary and plan a budget to live on based on that salary. I think it is a great way to get them thinking about what they want to be when they get out into the world and all the things that they will be responsible for. So all of a sudden, my son who has not really ever thought about what things cost is talking about how much it is to buy a house, what kind of a car you can get for a certain amount of money, and even how much utility rates are that he found through Shop Electricity Rates Texas. And he is starting to try to give me advice on what I should be spending my money on. Even though it is a little annoying to me that he thinks he is an expert now, I am glad that something at his school is starting to make him think about important things that he never thought about before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails